Ok, so I haven't really posted in quite some time. I've been posting weekly updates so I can look back on how my pregnancy progressed and to keep my readers in the know, but I haven't posted anything of real value.
I think part of me has been hesitant to post anything more than an update because I'm a worrier by nature, and I had vowed to maintain a more positive outlook on this blog. I can honestly say that by the time each new doctor's appointment comes around, I'm once again in a dither about whether or not things are ok. I don't know why I'm so anxious. It could be that I had a miscarriage or it could be that I'm concerned about my age. I'm sure those things factor into my anxiety. But I like to think my anxiety (for lack of a better word) is what proves I was meant to be a mom - I just really CARE.
That's not to say that others who aren't as highstrung as I am don't care about their babies. It's just that I've always been the person in my family to fix things, to check up and make sure everyone was ok. It's hard to turn that off now, especially now that I'm actually going to have a little one of my own to really watch out for.
I don't know. I can't explain it. I'm not even going to try anymore. I'm just going to embrace that this is who I am and that I'm going to do my best to be a loving, understanding and responsible mother.
Ok, so on to the most important news of the day - IT'S A BOY!!!
Hubby & I found out at our anatomy scan yesterday. The tech was measuring all the baby's parts and when she got to the baby's bottom, we asked if she could tell what we were having. The baby's legs were locked tight together and she said, "the baby's not really cooperating."
It was like the baby heard her and, on cue, spread those legs wide and there it was. The tech just turned to us and said, "I don't have to tell you what that is, do I?" I looked over at Hubby and he had the slyest grin I've ever seen. He didn't say a word, just grinned. I said our first purchase should be a trench coat cuz this kid's gonna be a flasher. LOL!!
I'm so excited that we're having a boy. I would have been happy with either but having a boy means that we'll have someone to carry on the family name. Hubby is the only boy so it would have ended with him if we didn't have a son. Exciting!
Now we just have to agree on a name. UGH!!
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I have goosebumps. I'm so happy for you. Of course I would be happy either way, but since I have my own little boy at home I'm thrilled to read you'll be having one too.
Here's a funny story. My best friend IRL is also having a boy. She has 4 sisters, no brothers. Before they learned that it's a boy, she said "I don't know what to do with a boy. I don't know what to do with a p*nis." LOL I thought the same thing before CT was born.
Anyway, congrats to you and your hubby. I bet you are all ecstatic that the name will carry on.
I hope you're feeling great!
Congrats on your little boy!
I used to count down to ultrasounds so that I could know they were okay. Once the movement started full force, it was easier to handle the time in between, but before it was really rough to not worry.
Yay for Baby Boy! :)
a trench coat for your lil flasher?! LOL!!! you two are so adorable and that baby boy is just going to be the most handsome kid! I'm so happy for you!
Congratulations! Being a mommy to a boy is SO much fun! Especially if you're a "girly girl" like I am. Zilla opened up a whole new world for me! It is SO exciting! You're going to love it!
*HUGS*
Post a Comment