We heard the heartbeat!!
It was a good strong 125 bpm and we're right on track, measuring at 6 weeks, 4 days as of last Friday. So that puts us at 7 weeks exactly today!
I think I must have truly been convinced that something was wrong because when we heard the heartbeat, I literally lost it. I was nervous to begin with but as soon as I heard it, I started bawling right there on the table. It was so incredible and completely overwhelming.
Hubby, on the other hand, was so calm and cool as the tech did her thing. He was just looking at the monitor, taking it all in. As soon as I heard the thump, thump, thump, I knew it was the baby's, but it wasn't until she said, "there's your baby," that hubby caught on. As I mentioned, I was bawling but I was able to see his eyes go wide through the tears, which, of course, only made me cry harder. It was magical.
Unfortunately I can't post the pics that the tech gave us since our scanner's busted, but I have added a baby widget to the blog so you folks at home can follow along. ")
Thanks so much for all the words of encouragement and good will. They mean so much and have really helped me keep things in perspective.
Today I am pregnant and I claim this baby!!
xoxo
Monday, July 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
I am so excited for you! Claim it, darlin! Yay!!!
Congratulations. How wonderful.
ICLW
Absolutely Gorgeous!!! Congratulations!
Praise God ! Congratulations !
Praise God!! =)
Congratulations! This post has ME bawling! What a beautiful day. Congrats and I will keep you in my prayers!!
xoxoxo
~Michelle
yay!!!
YAY!!!!! Name it and claim it!
That's right, claim that baby! Shout it to the Heavens and into the Universe! Ask, Believe, Receive...
Oh sweetie, I am so happy for you! Congratulations! Claim it, love it and live it!
*HUGS*
You claim it girl! What wonderful awesome amazing news this is! And 7weeks is such a great milestone! Looking forward to joining you on this journey. Congratulations from the bottom of my heart.
Post a Comment