Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I Say Ba-Nah-Nah

So I'm 21 weeks along. I can't believe how far I've come and yet how far I still have to go. The crazy thing is that, even though it seems like a long time to me, it's such a short time when I think about the fact that I'm creating a human life.

I mean,

WOW.

Right?!?

Something else to be wowed by - I finally felt my boy move! Up till now I'd only felt some bubbles here & there. And though I was aware that these bubbles were probably kicks, they didn't feel like kicks. But then Saturday night I felt what I knew were kicks.

3 in a row.

And just like that I fell in love.

(swoon)

Now I just sit around waiting for him to kick again. He has kicked a couple more times but there's no definite pattern or routine that I've been able to discern quite yet. I'm sure there'll come a time when I wish he'd let up a little but until then I'm just going to savor every poke, prod, kick and hiccup I can.

")
......................................................................................................


How far along? 21 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: Is that a serious question?
Stretch marks? Nope, not yet
Sleep: Yeah, right
Movement: Definitely felt him Saturday night...YAY!!
Food cravings: Does FOOD count?
Gender: A BOY!!
Labor Signs: None
What I miss: Having knees, oh yeah, and ankles
What I am looking forward to: Finalizing his name

Milestones: I started my registry

A Banana
Baby gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for hydration and nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days, those taste buds actually work! Studies show that after birth, babies are most interested in tastes they've already experienced through amniotic fluid. Meaning, think about what you want your future child to eat as you prepare your own lunch.

2 comments:

Beautiful Mess said...

AWWWW yay for real kicks! How exciting! Enjoy them hon. One day he'll be running around and you'll look at him and think "OMG he use to kick the INSIDE of my body!" It's so surreal!
*HUGS*

Anonymous said...

YAY for kicks! Glad you're doing well. =)