Thursday, August 6, 2009

Heartbeat, Horoscope & Hunger

Good news...

The appointment I had scheduled to hear the baby's hb for next Friday, the 14th, has been moved up to... tomorrow!!

EXCITING!!!

I'm excited for a couple of different reasons.

First off, I was wondering how on earth I was going to make it through one more week without hearing my baby's heartbeat again. The anticipation has been killing me!

Secondly, I know I'm not actually "showing" yet but the bloat has made a fast and furious entrance and people are starting to stare. So, I was struggling with whether or not I should tell my boss. One half of me was saying, "tell him", while the other was saying, "you can wait one more week."


I actually hadn't planned on telling him until the first tri was over but then I figured I'd let him know right after my next appointment, just so I could be sure that everything was going well. What to do? What to do? So I did what every girl does when they find themselves in this kind of pickle -

I checked my horoscope.

Well, that didn't help because it advised me that today was not the day to share my secret, but, as I mentioned before, people are looking at me funny these days, and I'm thinking it might be best to tell my boss before the rumor mill does.

Then, as luck would have it, the doc's office called and said they needed to reschedule me. On a whim, I asked if they could add me to the schedule for tomorrow and there was an opening.

(and the choir sings) Hallelujah!!

So 2 problems solved - I get to hear my baby's hb and I get to tell my boss.

In other news, I am absolutely ravenous.

I'm hungry at least every 2 hours but it's like none of the food ever reaches my stomach. I swear the nausea is causing the food to get stopped up somewhere between my esophagus and my chest so I almost always feel empty, though my waistline says something entirely different.

Would you believe I actually had to wake up with a roll this morning? And I don't mean the "roll out of bed" kind of roll, (though that would have worked just as well in my current condition). I mean, the doughy, carb-filled, starchy kind that you pop in the oven until it's just warm enough to melt in your mouth kind of roll.


Ugh! As sick as I've been, carbs and lemonade are the only things that don't totally gross me out so I find myself constantly rummaging in the fridge for them.

Anyway, that's where I'm at for today. I'll post an update tomorrow after my appointment.

Until then, send one up for us, k?

xoxo

7 comments:

James ~n~ Amber said...

Thanks for your cake comment. That design, from Threadless Tshirt company, reminded me of your pregnant lady on your page.

I'm so happy things are going well for you ! Keep the faith !

Michele said...

a prayer just went up that your u/s goes well and your boss takes the news with a smile!

Beautiful Mess said...

Oooohhh tomorrow?! How exciting! Good luck, love!
*HUGS*

www.JusticeJonesie.com/blog said...

Congrats to you! I'm a fist time visitor, what a cute blog. Will be sure to stop in again.

djordan said...

haha, I can totally relate to the only wanting carbs thing... the thought of meat makes me want to, well, you know.
So happy everything is going well for you!

Unknown said...

You are too cute lil mama! listen to your body. the bread roll means you need carbs for energy to get you through your daily routine. I went through a citrus phase early on too...lemon juice is very cleansing. don't sweat the small stuff like telling your boss...things always have a way of working themselves out if we just get out of the way.

*hugs* and *blessings*

Searching for Serenity said...

Just catching up! I hope your appoitment and telling your boss went well.

Eat all the carbs you crave. You have worked hard to get where you are. You deserve it!