Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Silver Lining

The 26th is but a day away and there has been yet another development in the rollercoaster that is my life.

The 'roids are still coming out. Thank the Lord!!

But instead of having a full-on myomectomy, I'm now having a hysteroscopy.

The difference between the two procedures is that a hysteroscopy is much less invasive. The doc can go in through the cervix with a scope and get at the parts of the 'roids that are protruding into my uterus without having to make any incisions. So, no scar, no worries about being able to stop any excessive bleeding. The downside to me is that the parts of the 'roids that live in the walls of my uterus will remain.

I must admit, at first this was a problem for me. I've been dealing with this issue for at least a year, if not longer, and the thought of having even a piece of these suckas stay inside me really got to me, you know?

But I'm trying to stay focused on the positive. Removing the 'roids this way means I can start back on the journey towards having a baby of my own even sooner than expected. Weeks vs. months. That notion alone was enough to get me back on board with my doc's protocol.

So now my eyes are pointed upward toward the clouds that have been lingering over my head for the last 365 some-odd days and I know their days are numbered. ")

1 comment:

Echloe said...

You will be in my thoughts tonight. Hope they scrape out a bunch of that stupid fibroid and leave your uterus nice and healthy.